Come join us for our 5th and final race of the year! Enduro means you can pedal up with your friends at whatever pace pleases you..and save your legs and lungs for the downhill…and this is especially true this year, as we have chosen a course that definitely leans more towards the “gravity” descents!
The stages are as follows:
Stage 1 – Bear Buns, Broadway
Stage 2 – Top of Numbskull, Gravity, Lower DCDH (Experts Only!!)
Stage 3 – Truffle Shuffle, left on Teapot to 42nd St, Off Broadway
Stage 4 – Scat to Lower Crafty (not including Brat)
Experts ride all 4 stages, Intermediates ride Stage 3, Stage 4, Stage 1, Beginners ride 4 and 1.
Expert Course on Trailforks (rough course track, trail order is correct)
Intermediate Course on Trailforks (rough course track, trail order is correct)
Beginner Course on Trailforks (rough course track, trail order is correct)
We will be sending the groups out at approx 15 minute intervals – 11am – Beginners, 11:15am Intermediate, 11:30 Expert.
Race Fee: $50 includes a post race meal courtesy of the Waverley Hotel & Pub and Eatmore Sprouts & Greens Ltd., Aid station with fruit and cookies and a draw ticket for a chance to win some great prizes from more of our amazing sponsors!
Capped at 175 racers..Click on the link below to get yourself registered!
Plate pick up begins at 9 am at the No 6 Mine Park with a racer meeting at 10:45 am
Please park in the CRI parking lot to avoid congestion on Derwent Avenue.
The 2017 Vancouver Island Cup Mountain Bike Race Series, is BC’s premiere grassroots race series spanning the length of Vancouver Island. Cross Country, Downhill, Enduro and Marathon disciplines are brought together from numerous local mountain bike clubs.
If you’re a first timer, seasoned pro or just out to have some fun we would love to see you experience mountain bike racing on Vancouver Island.
Island Cup Races are sanctioned by Cycling BC.
- United Riders of Cumberland
- Online pre-registration only Register Now
- Half price for youth under 19 (beginner / intermediate categories)
Race Day Instructions
- Plate pickup and waivers are available at the No 6. Mine Park from 9-10:30am.
- Pre-race safety meeting 10:45am
- If paying cash day of, please bring appropriate $51.50 or $26.50 cash.
- One day licenses are available on site for $10 or $5 (U17)
- Cycling BC Licenses should be purchased prior to race day. Bring proof of payment to site if no license in your posession.
- Course map listed above.
- All racers will be on course at the same time. Experts will begin first followed by the Intermediate and then the beginner racers.
- Start times for each category will be posted the morning of the event.
- Spectators are welcome, please avoid riding the course if possible to reduce chance of involvement with the racers.
Food & Beverage
- We will have a bbq and snacks on site at the finish line and an aid station on course.
- Water and porta potties are available at the event.