12 Hours of Cumberland June 22nd (Note possible Date Change) 2019
Solo, teams of two or teams of four, this event is well regarded for the fun and family friendly atmosphere.
Get your teams together, join us at #6 mine park and have fun at the 2019 12 Hours of Cumberland!
Riders can compete in the solo category for the coveted Twelve Hour Cup or for the equally coveted Beardsley Pottery mugs in a team of 2 or 4 men or women. There is also the option to have a mixed team of men and women….a perfect fit for racing families!
Registration opens soon for the 12 Hours of Cumberland and pick up your race plate at 7am on June 22rd at the No.6 Mine Park.
The course is a user friendly course that is great for riders of all abilities.
- Saturday June 22nd, 2019*
- Due to another conflicting event on the 22nd this date may change. UROC is working to figure this out and will announce the confirmed date asap.
- No. 6 Mine Park
Online registration link will open in April.
Registration fees are $50.
- Race plate pickup 7 – 8 am in the No.6 Mine Park
- Registration fee includes race entry, burgers, baked goodies prizes and MEGA FUN!
- Notes: must be a UROC club member, a member of Cycling BC with a Provincial Race License or purchase a one day membership ($10) at the event.
- 8am – 8pm
- The most number of laps completed in 12 hours. Go solo or in teams of 2 or 4 – male, female or co-ed.
- Start finish at the No. 6 Mine Park
- Course will be provided closer to race date.
This beginner friendly team event is based out of the beautiful No.6 mine park in Cumberland. The park is where registration takes place, where teams can set up their tent, cooler, chairs etc for the day and is the lap point for the course.
A free BBQ and snacks will be provided throughout the day.
Category winners will be presented with custom mugs from Scott Beardsley pottery and all participants will have a chance to win draw prizes following the event.
Island Cup Series
The 2019 Vancouver Island Cup Mountain Bike Race Series, is BC’s premiere grassroots race series spanning the length of Vancouver Island. Cross Country, Downhill, Enduro and Marathon disciplines are brought together from numerous local mountain bike clubs.
If you’re a first timer, seasoned pro or just out to have some fun we would love to see you experience mountain bike racing on Vancouver Island.
Island Cup Races are sanctioned by Cycling BC.